Google has updated their Webmaster Guidelines, mainly added more examples and going a little more in-depth on specific topics.
None of these updates are groundbreaking but for any SEO who does not keep up with industry news and updates on a regular basis, here are some of the important ones I picked out:
- Rich Snippet guidelines have been added
- Buying or selling links that pass Page Rank. This includes the exchanging of money for links, posts that contain links; exchanging goods or services for links; or sending someone a "free" product in exchange for them writing about it and including a link.
- Building "partner pages" exclusively for exchanging links is a no-no
- Using automated programs or services to build links is a no-no
- Text advertisements that pass Page Rank is forbidden
- As are links inserted into articles with little logic
The full page on Webmaster Guides referring to Link Schemes can be found here: http://support.google.com/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=66356